CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March is half-way over ALREADY!?!?!?!

So, where the heck did February go?  I think I must have lost a month during our furious house hunting trips plus running back and forth between MN and WI constantly didn't help matters much I'm sure!  I was just looking at the calendar for the next few months and I couldn't believe my eyes...St. Patrick's day is just 2 days away.  Sheesh! 

With that thought of time flying by, I reallys obviously haven't been doing so well on my resolution  list but...now that I really sit and think about it, I'm doing fairly better than some folks.  At least I'm TRYING to make an effort towards my goals for this year.  So let's see...


#1  Try to write more regularly on my blog and add pictures...so I was off to a good start, or at least I thought I was until this house dilemn took over and I was away from my computer more often than preferred.  BUT, I may be making a come back now that we found a house, will be moving w/in the month and hopefully settled into our new home by May.  So, overall, this goal is going okay.

#2  Drink more water...I almost want to laugh at this goal because it sounds so simple but in reality it is one of the hardest things I've had to try to overcome...I am not a huge water drinker and so, it takes tremendous will-power to even think to grab a glass...let alone more than one in a day!  I really haven't been doing well on this goal...need to think of ways to keep this on the radar daily...maybe the summertime will help since I love to drink suntea which has lots of water in it...does that count?

#3  Lose 20 pounds this year (I lost a little over 10 last year w/o being too serious about it)
...At first, I was working out and dancing on our Wii, and actually w/in the last week I've decided to kick it up quite a bit and workout during Morgan's naptimes and workout to a DVD that is a cross trainer program so during the week (almost every day) I either do cardio, yoga, strength training, or ab specific workouts.  I'm actually enjoying them!#4  Try to make a menu for each week and stick to it!!...yeah, I haven't had much time to really put this trick to the test yet either.  My goal would be to make a menu for the week and prepare some foods that can be frozen then be able to pull them out when needed as back ups or as the main courses.  Maybe in the new house I'll figure out how to make this work.

#5  Try to make more things instead of buy them (greeting cards, clothes, etc.)...so this goal I've actually been excelling at.  I believe every card that I have sent out this year has been homemade by Morgan and I so that is a miracle in itself!  I just bought 2 books that I'm excited to try to use that have ideas on things to make from older items like T-shirts.  Gotta love recycling old stuff into new usable stuff! 
Well, I think that sums it up for today...some goals are on track, some are coming along slowly and a few at snails pace...BUT...I haven't dropped the ball completely so that's always a good sign since a lot of folks lose interest or quit a month after they set their goals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment