CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Holiday Letters

I can't believe it's been a year since I signed into my blog!  How life can take over and change your direction is amazing at the very least!  So, what drove me back to my blog is a need to get a thought out into the world.  Here's the question:

Should I write a Holiday Letter or not? 

With the growing popularity of online social sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, etc.)...have these continuous contact sites made us too exposed to our family friends so a letter for the Holidays ends up being just a bunch of repetative information?  I am torn!  I LOVE writing our yearly letter, not only for our friends and family but I always keep a copy to add to our scrapbook so I can look back and see what we did as a family.  I always include at least one photo (some years I have put multiple pics on the letter) which makes it even more capturing of the moments in time.  I know there are a select few people in my life that are not on the computer (grandparents & the older generation mostly), so maybe I should go ahead and write a letter, send it out to those not connected online and then just post it online for everyone else to see if they wish.  This would be a much cheaper option than in the past!!  Hmmm...

If anyone is out there with the same issue or struggle, please comment and let me know what you think or if you have another plan of action for the holiday communications! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment