CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Alaska....

So, the latest and greatest is that my hubby Larry interviewed for a job last week and it'll be in Kodiak, AK.  Now, I have a LOT of mixed feelings about this new turn of events.  He rec'd a call yesterday that he is a top contender and they are checking his references.  That means we should know something by the end of the week.

There are a lot of pros and cons about this possible move!  First of all, I am very close to my family (even though we don't live that close currently) and it would be even harder for me to get home (Rapid City, SD) and almost impossible for them to visit in the future.  (I do have family also in MI and MN but I was born and raised in SD.)  My husband isn't as close to his family so it's not much of an issue for him.  All of our parents have some health issue of one thing or another plus, I still have a grandmother alive and an older aunt that I am close to.  I really don't get to see them that much now but it does cross my mind on how much longer they will be around.

It is a given that moving is a pain in the butt, but besides the family issue, there really is nothing else stopping us from going.  We love the outdoors, we have been to Alaska before and LOVED it.  My hubby loves to fish and we'll be right near a Coast Guard base that is huge so there will be plenty of amenities and opportunities for us.  I love that there is only 11 or so miles of roads on the island and you can only get there by plane or ferry.  And besides, it can't be THAT remote if there is a Wal-Mart there!  LOL  Everything I have read and the pictures I have seen (both summer and winter) have made me excited for this new adventure.  This week could be a huge turning point in our lives...I'll keep you posted on what happens!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment